Welcome to “newtech.law,” the new tech law blog of Wardyński & Partners.
The controller of users’ personal data is WIW Services Sp. z o.o. with its registered office at Al. Ujazdowskie 10, 00-478 Warsaw, Poland.
We protect users’ personal data in compliance with the requirements of Polish law, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation, known as the GDPR (Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC).
Purpose and basis for processing of users’ personal data
We collect and process email addresses for the purpose of distributing a newsletter, based on consent provided by users. We will store personal data until consent to process the data is withdrawn.
The user may withdraw consent at any time by clicking on the link at the bottom of the newsletter or by sending a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. After withdrawal of consent by the user, the data will be processed only for the purpose of removing the data.
We do not process personal data other than email addresses, in particular other categories of personal data.
The collection of users’ personal data is treated as a segregated database stored on the server of the portal newtech.law in a special, secure area ensuring adequate protection. Full access to the database is provided to only a small number of people authorised by the controller.
We ensure any users who have completed a registration form or otherwise provided us with their personal data the exercise of their rights, which depending on the case may include the right to:
- Request rectification of the user’s personal data if they are incorrect or incomplete
- Request removal of the personal data if the user’s personal data are no longer necessary for the purpose for which they were collected, the user withdraws consent to processing of the data, the data are processed unlawfully, or there is a legal obligation to remove the data
- Demand restriction of processing of the data, when the user disputes the correctness of the data or the data are processed unlawfully but the user opposes removal of the data, as well as when we no longer need the personal data but they may be needed by the user to pursue or defend against claims
- Withdraw consent, effective for the future.
The user has a right to file a complaint with the president of the Personal Data Protection Office.
Sharing of information about users
We do not transfer, sell or lend collected personal data of users to other persons or institutions unless at the express consent or request of the user, or upon demand of legally appointed state authorities for the purpose of proceedings conducted by them.
Information about cookies
This portal processes information contained in cookies. When information about users is collected, only aggregated anonymous information that does not contain personal data is collected.
Cookies are IT data, specifically text files, stored on the device used for viewing a website. Cookies typically contain the name of the website the cookie is taken from, the storage time of the file on the end user’s device, and alphanumeric values.
The entity placing cookies on the device of the end user of this portal and accessing the cookies is the operator of the portal, WIW Services Sp. z o.o. with its registered office at Al. Ujazdowskie 10, 00-478 Warsaw.
Cookies are used for:
- Adapting the contents of the portal to suit the user’s preferences and optimising the use of the site. More specifically, cookies enable recognition of the user’s device and display of the site in a manner suited to the user’s individual needs.
- Generation of statistics that help in understanding how visitors use the portal, enabling improvement in the structure and contents of the portal.
There are two main categories of cookies used by this portal: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary files stored on the end user’s device until the user logs out, navigates away from the site, or closes the web browser. Persistent cookies are stored on the end user’s device for the period stated in the specification of the cookies or until deleted by the user.
The following types of cookies are used on this portal:
- Necessary cookies, enabling the use of services offered on the portal, e.g. authentication cookies used for services requiring authentication on the portal
- Security cookies, used for example to detect authentication abuses on the portal
- Efficiency cookies, enabling collection of information about how the pages of the portal are used
- Functional cookies, enabling memorisation of settings selected by the user and personalisation of the user interface, e.g. concerning the selected language or the region the user comes from, font size, website appearance and the like.
The operator of the portal uses the Google Analytics service to collect and analyse aggregated information about the use of the portal. More information on how this service collects and processes data is available here.
Last update: May 2018